Last updated on Nov 15, 2021.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so — for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
Information You Provide to Us
The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Email Address: We ask you to sign up using your Email Address. All data sent from your browser to our server is via SSL protocol using modern cryptography, and the data is stored securely.
- Communications With Us (Hi There!): You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys or communicate with us about a support question.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, and IP address. We collect log information when you browse Google Trends using the Browser extension.
- Google Trends Read Ability: In order to add Glimpse data to the Google Trends page, we need to read the content on the Google Trends page. For example, if you search Google Trends for "luggage", enriching the page with data on anything besides "luggage" would be useless to you therefore we need to know you searched "luggage". In other words, we need to know what trend data you are looking for in order to give it to you.
How And Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services;
- To further develop and improve our Services-for example by adding new features that we think our users will benefit from;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Glimpse and others, which may result in us declining the use of our Services;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by Glimpse and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on Glimpse and our other products; and
- To personalize your experience using our Services, target our marketing messages to groups of our users (for example, those who have been our user for a certain length of time), and serve relevant advertisements.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
- The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account; or
- The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
- The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
- We have a legitimate interest in using your information–for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience; or
- You have given us your consent–for example before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyze them later on.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users' private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services and we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard user information when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information–and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt-out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt-out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Close Your Account: While we'd be very sad to see you go, if you no longer want to use our Services, you can close your account. Please email us at [email protected] to close your account. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in How Long We Keep Information above–for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in certain parts of the world, including California and countries that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (aka the “GDPR”), you may have certain rights regarding your personal information, like the right to request access to or deletion of your data.
European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are located in a country that falls under the scope of the GDPR, data protection laws give you certain rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to provide California residents with some additional information about the categories of personal information we collect and share, where we get that personal information, and how and why we use it.
We have set out above the categories of personal information (as defined by the CCPA) about California residents that we collect. We do not sell your personal information or disclose it to third parties for a business purpose. We may disclose each of these categories of personal information to our service providers, who are not permitted to use your personal information except as necessary for performing services on our behalf. We collect these categories of personal information from the sources described in the “Information We Collect” section above, and for the purposes described in the “How And Why We Use Information” section above. Our collection, use, and disclosure of personal information about a California resident will vary depending upon the circumstances and nature of our interactions or relationship with such resident.
If you are a California resident, you have additional rights under the CCPA, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the right to:
- Request to know the categories of personal information we collect, the categories of business or commercial purpose for collecting and using it, the categories of sources from which the information came, the categories of third parties we share it with, and the specific pieces of information we collect about you;
- Request deletion of personal information we collect or maintain;
- Opt-out of any sale of personal information; and
- Not receive discriminatory treatment for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
How to Reach Us
When you contact us about one of your rights, we’ll need to verify that you are the right person before we disclose or delete anything. For example, if you are a user, we will need you to contact us from the email address associated with your account. You can also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf by giving us written authorization. We may still require you to verify your identity with us.
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others