What is vishing?
Vishing is a type of social engineering attack that uses voice calls to scam people. The attacker will call a victim and pose as a representative from a legitimate organization, such as a bank or credit card company. The attacker will then try to extract personal information from the victim.
How fast is vishing growing in popularity?
Interest in Vishing grew 8% over the past year, compared to the year before, putting it at a current volume of 28K searches per month, as of last month.
Vishing is predominantly talked about on Twitter, where people are already tweeting about security and online scams.
Top Searches Related to Vishing
- vishing definition
- vishing meaning
- definition of vishing
- vishing attack
- vishing vs phishing
- vishing smishing
- vishing phishing
- vishing scam
- vishing scammer
- phishing and vishing
- vishing examples
- vishing and smishing
- difference between smishing and vishing
- vishing attack meaning
- vishing social engineering
Top Questions about Vishing
- what is vishing?
- what is smishing and vishing?
- what is the vishing?
- is vishing social engineering?
- how to protect yourself from vishing?
- which of the following is an email version of vishing?
- how to identify vishing?
- what is an example of vishing?
- what is a common tactic used for vishing?
- what is meant by vishing?
- how to recognize vishing?
- how do you avoid vishing?
- how can you prevent vishing?